Air/Sea Freight Business Development Manager – VR/21615
The Company & Role:
Our client, a fast-growing privately-owned freight forwarder, is looking for a Air/Sea Freight Business Development Manager to join their team in Wakefield. You will be responsible for the identification, acquisition, development and retention of a customer base within Air & Seafreight.
Duties of the Air/Sea Freight Business Development Manager:
- Build and retain a customer base.
- Plan your personal sales activity.
- Plan your key accounts.
- Book appointments through self-generation.
- Be required to understand/explain products and services and resolve queries and objections.
- Be fully accountable for the growth of GP (gross profit) across these modes and in line with a structured sales scheme.
- Report in to the National Sales Manager and generate weekly and monthly progress reports, when required.
- Be involved with market campaigns and related literature.
Requirements for the Air/Sea Freight Business Development Manager:
- Industry experience – MUST have air/sea freight sales experience.
- Passionate about sales – with a ‘hunter’ work ethic.
- Motivated by money!
- A personable and confident individual.
- Enjoys working in a fast paced, varied and high pressure role.
- Will have excellent communication skills and be self-motivated.
- Excellent salary package (depending on experience).
- Company car, laptop and phone.
- Benefits scheme (on successful completion of probation period).
- The opportunity to develop, progress and work within a global organisation which is rapidly growing.
- A fantastic working culture which promotes excellent work/life balance.
- Working closely with a team of talented individuals with a great work ethic who also love to have fun!
- 24 days holidays, plus 8 bank holidays
- Contributory company pension scheme
If you’re interested in the Air/Sea Freight Business Development Manager role, click apply now, or email our Shipping team on email@example.com <mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org>
Red Recruit is a specialist recruitment consultancy with prominence in the Shipping and Freight industry, covering road, sea and air freight imports and exports as well as other associated sectors. We provide an expert consultative, ‘project managed’ approach, which recognises the unique skills and talents of every candidate. Founded in 2002 and boasting increasing success, Red Recruit’s mission is to serve likeminded Clients and Candidates and be a collaborator in their growth and progression. We accomplish this utilizing our skilled approaches and methodologies and we offer tailored solutions to suit specific needs. Clients of Red Recruit are able to access a wealth of knowledge and experience via our recruitment consultants; many of whom possess extensive experience.
The types of vacancies within the shipping industry that we specialise in include the following: sea freight, road freight, air freight, deep sea, TIR freight, trailer freight, freight forwarder, FCL, LCL, part load, full load, groupage, customs clearance, customs entries, CNS, Destin8, Impatex, CHIEF, NES, ASM GEMS, MultiFreight, DataFreight, NVO and NVOCC.
If you have current or recent experience within the shipping or freight forwarding industry then please contact us to see if we can assist you finding your next career move.