Freight Forwarding and Warehousing Branch Manager – VR/21739
Our Client, an independent International freight forwarding company is currently looking for a Branch Manager for their Northampton branch.
The Freight Forwarding and Warehousing Branch Manager will be responsible for a team of three focusing on EU road, air and sea operations as well as overseeing some warehousing. You will need to a strong leader capable of motivating the team, to ensure continued improvement and to achieve best practice performance and meet targets.
Duties of the Freight Forwarding and Warehousing Branch Manager:
- Efficient planning, direction and coordination of the team involved in the movement of International Ocean Freight/Road and Air Freight (Exports & Imports).
- Ensure excellent customer service.
- Ensure good rapport between sales and operational departments at all levels.
- Motivate through clear leadership and guidance as well as pro-active personnel management and team building.
- Develop new business with high level contracts, working with the UK Sales Director to identify new opportunities.
Skills required by the Freight Forwarding and Warehousing Branch Manager:
- Have an appropriate knowledge of import and export customs procedures.
- To step in and fulfil day-to-day operational duties if required.
- Have the ability to quote clients and overseas partners in all modes.
- Prepare performance reports and analysis including profit and loss of the department.
- Work closely with the sales and customers service teams to devise strategic approaches to the market.
- Maintain excellent client relations to ensure the customer is receiving adequate customer service and to explore other opportunities.
In return, the successful Freight Forwarding and Warehousing Branch Manager could expect to receive a salary, bonus and benefits package, according to skills and experience.
If you’re interested; click ‘Apply Now’, or email our Shipping team on email@example.com