Customs / Shipping Assistant – VR/21575
The Company & Role:
Our client, a specialist in worldwide classic car transportation services, is looking for a Customs Brokerage & Shipping Assistant to join their team in Suffolk.
The main purpose of the role is running import and export customs shipments for air, road and sea freight.
Duties of the Customs Brokerage & Shipping Assistant:
- Import & export customs clearances
- Completing Airfreight and Seafreight export documents
- Raising and discharging T forms for road freight
- Coordinating with transport department regarding cars requiring customs around Europe / Channel Islands, Switzerland & Norway
- Manage the IPR authorisations of clients, including completing quarterly returns
- Applying for full IPR authorisations and completing CCG applications
- NOVA applications
- BTI Applications
- Request airline / shipping line rates for quotes
- Cover for other members of staff when absent
- Keeping customs schedules up to date, including the bond schedule and T form schedule
- Use of Destin8 and CNS port systems
- Use of Sequoia and Freight Fax for customs / airfreight paperwork
Salary for the Customs Brokerage & Shipping Assistant will depend on experience.
If you’re interested in the Customs Brokerage & Shipping Assistant role, click apply now, or email our Shipping team on firstname.lastname@example.org <mailto:email@example.com>
Red Recruit is a specialist recruitment consultancy with prominence in the Shipping and Freight industry, covering road, sea and air freight imports and exports as well as other associated sectors. We provide an expert consultative, ‘project managed’ approach, which recognises the unique skills and talents of every candidate. Founded in 2002 and boasting increasing success, Red Recruit’s mission is to serve likeminded Clients and Candidates and be a collaborator in their growth and progression. We accomplish this utilizing our skilled approaches and methodologies and we offer tailored solutions to suit specific needs. Clients of Red Recruit are able to access a wealth of knowledge and experience via our recruitment consultants; many of whom possess extensive experience.
The types of vacancies within the shipping industry that we specialise in include the following: sea freight, road freight, air freight, deep sea, TIR freight, trailer freight, freight forwarder, FCL, LCL, part load, full load, groupage, customs clearance, customs entries, CNS, Destin8, Impatex, CHIEF, NES, ASM GEMS, MultiFreight, DataFreight, NVO and NVOCC.
If you have current or recent experience within the shipping or freight forwarding industry then please contact us to see if we can assist you finding your next career move.