Import Customs Clerk – VR/21729
Our client, an established Freight Forwarding company, is looking for a full time Import Customs Clerk with 2 years experience in Import Operations to join their team in Felixstowe.
Duties of the Import Customs Clerk:
- Start to finish customs operations
- Prepare documentation for import customs clearance
- Process and monitor import clearances
- Liaising with customers and consignees
- Liaise with Customs Authorises and Port Health
- Follow-up with customers and consignees
Skills & Requirements of the Import Customs Clerk:
- Import customs clearance experience
- Good knowledge of the various customs procedures
- Good knowledge of Destin8, CNS and DataFreight
- Excellent communications and organisational skills
- Strong work ethics with focus on attention to detail and accuracy
- Team player and self-driven with a positive attitude
Some weekend work and Bank Holiday cover will be required and shift patterns between 8am-6pm.
In return, the successful candidate will be offered a competitive salary and benefits package.
If you’re interested in the Import Customs Clerk role, click ‘Apply Now’, or email our Shipping team on firstname.lastname@example.org
Red Recruit is a specialist recruitment consultancy with prominence in the Shipping and Freight industry, covering road, sea and air freight imports and exports as well as other associated sectors. We provide an expert consultative, project managed approach, which recognises the unique skills and talents of every candidate. Founded in 2002 and boasting increasing success, Red Recruits mission is to serve likeminded Clients and Candidates and be a collaborator in their growth and progression. We accomplish this utilizing our skilled approaches and methodologies and we offer tailored solutions to suit specific needs. Clients of Red Recruit are able to access a wealth of knowledge and experience via our recruitment consultants; many of whom possess extensive experience.
The types of vacancies within the shipping industry that we specialise in include the following: sea freight, road freight, air freight, deep sea, TIR freight, trailer freight, freight forwarder, FCL, LCL, part load, full load, groupage, customs clearance, customs entries, CNS, Destin8, Impatex, CHIEF, NES, ASM GEMS, MultiFreight, DataFreight, NVO and NVOCC.
If you have current or recent experience within the shipping or freight forwarding industry then please contact us to see if we can
assist you finding your next career move.