Junior Import Operator – VR/21722
Our client, a freight forwarding company, is looking for a Junior Import Operator to join their team in Basildon.
Duties of the Junior Import Operator:
- Manage all bookings from start to finish for allocated customers
- Develop relationships with allocated customers
- Issue booking instructions to origin offices
- Process Import bookings
- Accept all orders (from customer or overseas office) and assume full responsibility for their successful completion, including origin management, customs clearance and delivery
- Proactively inform customer on shipment status, exceptions and provide intermediate updates on incident solution
- Process UK Customs Clearance
- Manage any other site involved in a shipment
- Develop processes and tools to support customer interface and communications
- Take and handle customer inquiries
- Take and register all customer complaints and drive solution of customer complaints by solving it directly or assigning tasks to other function
- Ensure correct charges are highlighted / passed for billing
- Full responsibility for correct P/L per file handled
Experience Required for the Junior Import Operator
- Must have around 1 years’ experience in import operations
The successful Junior Import Operator will receive a salary of £19-21k depending on experience.
If you’re interested, click apply, or email our Shipping team on email@example.com <mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org>
Red Recruit is a specialist recruitment consultancy with prominence in the Shipping and Freight industry, covering road, sea and air freight imports and exports as well as other associated sectors. We provide an expert consultative, ‘project managed’ approach, which recognises the unique skills and talents of every candidate. Founded in 2002 and boasting increasing success, Red Recruit’s mission is to serve likeminded Clients and Candidates and be a collaborator in their growth and progression. We accomplish this utilizing our skilled approaches and methodologies and we offer tailored solutions to suit specific needs. Clients of Red Recruit are able to access a wealth of knowledge and experience via our recruitment consultants; many of whom possess extensive experience.
The types of vacancies within the shipping industry that we specialise in include the following: sea freight, road freight, air freight, deep sea, TIR freight, trailer freight, freight forwarder, FCL, LCL, part load, full load, groupage, customs clearance, customs entries, CNS, Destin8, Impatex, CHIEF, NES, ASM GEMS, MultiFreight, DataFreight, NVO and NVOCC.
If you have current or recent experience within the shipping or freight forwarding industry then please contact us to see if we can assist you finding your next career move.