Senior Customs Clerk – VR/21742
The Company & Role:
Our client, a leading logistics and distribution company, are looking for a Senior Customs Clerk to join their team in Dartford, Kent.
This role will focus on Import Entries.
Senior Customs Clerk Duties:
- Dealing with a variety of commodities for all shipments
- Inputting and completing consignments for customs clearance
- Contacting importers to establish their clearance instructions
- Receipt and process of inbound EDI
- Import clearances though HMRC CHEIF
- Create and amend ERTS manifests
- Arrange delivery onward to the client
- Deal with all queries quickly and efficiently
- Build good working relationships with both customers and colleagues
Skills Required of Senior Customs Clerk:
- Strong knowledge and understanding of all customs clearance and related documentation, HMRC regimes
- Skills in Microsoft Outlook, Word and Excel
- English and maths at GCSE level C or above are preferred
- Hard working and process orientated, with ability to perform continued task over and over
- Excellent organisational and interpersonal skills, a team player, capable of building strong internal and external relationships
In return, the successful Senior Customs Clerk will receive a competitive salary, according to skills and experience.
If you’re interested; click ‘Apply Now’, or email our Shipping team on email@example.com