Trainee Customs Coordinator – VR/21726
Are you looking for a new and exciting opportunity within a new industry? Then we may have the job for you
Our client is a Transport, Freight and Logistics Company based in Coventry, and they are currently looking for a Trainee Customs Coordinator to join their Customs Clearance department. The main purpose of this role is to process daily shipments and ensure customs compliance is processed in a timely and accurate manner.
This position is a 12 week temp to perm position. Working hours are either 08:00-16.30hrs or 09:00-17:30hrs, Monday to Friday. Starting salary is £17,500.
This is a great opportunity to start a career within the Freight Forwarding and Logistics industry.
The Trainee Customs Coordinator will work towards learning the below duties:
- Customs brokerage & clearances into HMRC CHEIF system
- Identify correct CPC code to use on customs entry from customers paperwork
- Make formal customs declaration
- Manage group email inbox, liaising with customers directly via email and telephone
- Updating required milestones within Customers own system
- Admin duties
Requirements for the Trainee Customs Coordinator:
- Obtained at least GSCE qualifications including Maths & English
- Knowledge of Microsoft office including Word & Excel
- Be a good team player and the ability to work on own initiative and meet tight deadlines
- Excellent communication skills, both written and spoken
- Good telephone manner
- Flexible, friendly and enthusiastic attitude required
- Customer service orientated
- Able to work on their own initiative, and would require minimum supervision
If you’re interested in the Trainee Customs Coordinator, click ‘Apply Now’, or email the Shipping team on firstname.lastname@example.org
Red Recruit is a specialist recruitment consultancy with prominence in the Shipping and Freight industry, covering road, sea and air freight imports and exports as well as other associated sectors. We provide an expert consultative, project managed approach, which recognises the unique skills and talents of every candidate. Founded in 2002 and boasting increasing success, Red Recruits mission is to serve likeminded Clients and Candidates and be a collaborator in their growth and progression. We accomplish this utilizing our skilled approaches and methodologies and we offer tailored solutions to suit specific needs. Clients of Red Recruit are able to access a wealth of knowledge and experience via our recruitment consultants; many of whom possess extensive experience.
The types of vacancies within the shipping industry that we specialise in include the following: sea freight, road freight, air freight, deep sea, TIR freight, trailer freight, freight forwarder, FCL, LCL, part load, full load, groupage, customs clearance, customs entries, CNS, Destin8, Impatex, CHIEF, NES, ASM GEMS, MultiFreight, DataFreight, NVO and NVOCC.
If you have current or recent experience within the shipping or freight forwarding industry then please contact us to see if we can assist you finding your next career move.