3PL Account Manager – Nationwide – VR/21950
The Company & Role:
Our client, a leading independent freight forwarder; is currently looking for an experienced 3PL Account Manager to join their team.
The purpose of this role is to manage an assigned portfolio of customers. You will be tasked with looking after all commercial requirements of existing customers. This will include rate updates, problem solving, and market insight to ensure ongoing alignment with customers goals and expectations, whilst also looking for all additional opportunities to grow the relationship.
3PL Account Manager duties include:
- Managing existing accounts to ensure full client satisfaction and the nurturing of new opportunities from these relationships.
- Proactively up-sell to generate additional revenue.
- Communicate and collaborate with colleagues in operations and sales, to ensure the customer gets a high-quality service through a single point of contact.
- Problem solving.
- Closing business opportunities either by tele-sales or face to face meetings.
- Managing your own time to ensure that it is spent efficiently and effectively to ensure that sales are achieved in a timely manner.
- Maintaining up to date customer records within CargoWise.
- Freight quotations and follow ups.
- All duties to be undertaken with reference to Authorised Economic Operator (AEO) procedures and work instructions.
Skills required from 3PL Account Manager:
- Experience in both imports & exports across all modes of transport
- Knowledge of CargoWise
- Excellent understanding of excel with the ability to create and maintain reporting
- Positive can do approach and a proactive mentality towards planning, highlighting, and resolving potential issues
- Experience of working in a sales environment
- Excellent communication and problem-solving skills
- Reliable with a strong work ethic
- To be able to prioritise and work in a fast-paced environment
The successful 3PL Account Manager will receive an excellent salary package including company pension scheme.
If youre interested; click Apply Now, or email our Shipping team on email@example.com
Red Recruit is a specialist recruitment consultancy with prominence in the Shipping and Freight industry, covering various areas within the industry as well as other associated sectors. We provide an expert consultative, project managed approach, which recognises the unique skills and talents of every candidate. Founded in 2002 and boasting increasing success, Red Recruits mission is to serve likeminded Clients and Candidates and be a collaborator in their growth and progression. We accomplish this utilizing our skilled approaches and methodologies and we offer tailored solutions to suit specific needs. Clients of Red Recruit are able to access a wealth of knowledge and experience via our recruitment consultants; many of whom possess extensive experience.
If you have current or recent experience within the shipping or freight industry, then please contact us to see if we can assist you finding your next career move.