Air & Ocean Freight Coordinator – Worcestershire – VR/21900
One of our clients who is based in Worcestershire are looking for an experienced Air & Ocean Freight Operator to join their team in Worcestershire.
Air & Ocean Freight Coordinator duties include:
- Manage the day to day Air Freight & Ocean freight operations.
- Co-ordinate the export and import bookings of Air & Ocean Freight jobs.
- Raising Job files and all of the appropriate operations paperwork.
- Processing jobs through the in house software system.
- Customs entries using the customs system.
- To be responsible for the daily checking of collections and deliveries and ensuring that clients are kept informed of any deviation to the agreed schedule.
- Extensive client liaison and negotiation.
- Extensive supplier liaison and negotiation.
- Internal liaison with the sales team assisting with quotations and service information.
- Managing the jobs from quotation stage to final invoicing in line with the client expectations and communicating effectively any service issues.
- Maximising the gross profit by negotiating with the supplier base.
- Proactively contacting the existing clients to maximise business potential.
- Invoicing jobs on completion.
Skills & Experience Required of Air & Ocean Freight Coordinator
- Ideally Air or Ocean freight operations experience.
- Excellent customer service experience.
- Confident communication skills.
- Good organisational skills.
- Good attention to detail.
- Can work to deadlines and handle pressure.
- Quick thinker / problem solving.
- Self-motivated and enthusiastic character.
- Ability to work with and support a team.
If you’re interested in this Air & Ocean Freight Coordinator position; click Apply Now, or email our Shipping team on firstname.lastname@example.org
Red Recruit is a specialist recruitment consultancy with prominence in the Shipping and Freight industry, covering various areas within the industry as well as other associated sectors. We provide an expert consultative, project managed approach, which recognises the unique skills and talents of every candidate. Founded in 2002 and boasting increasing success, Red Recruits mission is to serve likeminded Clients and Candidates and be a collaborator in their growth and progression. We accomplish this utilizing our skilled approaches and methodologies and we offer tailored solutions to suit specific needs. Clients of Red Recruit are able to access a wealth of knowledge and experience via our recruitment consultants; many of whom possess extensive experience.
If you have current or recent experience within the shipping or freight industry, then please contact us to see if we can assist you finding your next career move.