Our Clients, award winning, end-to-end supply chain specialists, are currently looking for an Airfreight Import Clerk. This vacancy is based in Leeds and is offered on a full-time permanent basis.
As an Airfreight Import Clerk, on a daily basis you’ll be dealing with companies worldwide, liaising with overseas agents / customers / hauliers, handling all aspects of imports from start to finish and everything in between, including charging files and processing purchase invoices.
Successful Airfreight Import Clerks have a good operational know-how of import procedures, excellent customer service skills and commercial sense. Having previous Airfreight experience is an advantage, but isn’t necessary. You’ll be a proficient communicator; in person, on the phone and in writing.
Airfreight Import Clerk duties Include:
- Processing Air Import Shipments start to finish
- Handling Customs Entries
- Quoting clients
- Administration Activities – filing etc.
- Liaising with other departments, offices and warehouses
- Liaising with customers, airlines and overseas agents
- Arranging deliveries
Requirements of an Airfreight Import Clerk are:
- Some experience of Freight or Imports – not essential
- Knowledge of Airfreight
- Computer literate – Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint
- Very good communication skills
- Able to work using own initiative and well within a team
If you’ve got what it takes, please Apply Now immediately. Import Clerks are currently in very high demand. Jobs are being filled very quickly at the moment!
If this is something you would like to know more details about or you know of anyone that fits the bill, either forward this advert to them, send us their details, or get in contact with us and we will do the rest. You can recommend as many people as you like via our website or by emailing us and earn a referral fee per candidate we place*. This is an unlimited offer.
As recruiters specialising in freight and shipping, Red Recruit have vacancies at all levels within the industry, so please do get in touch to tell us what you’re looking for and well do our best to assist.
* T&C’s apply. Please contact the office for more information.