Our client works in the European Logistics Market, and they are currently looking for a Business Development Executive to join their team in Hertfordshire. You will be offered a salary of £55,000 including OTE. Hours are Monday to Friday, 8am – 6pm.
For this Business Development Executive role, extensive industry and/or sales training and assistance will be provided to ensure the successful candidate achieves the appropriate targets. After a brief initial training period, the job will involve the research and identification of suitable manufacturers and industries to target, this would include both existing and prospective clients. Ongoing training will be needed to properly understand the complexities and specific requirements of International transport since Brexit.
Main duties of the Business Development Executive:
- Existing client development, maximising the business’ potential.
- Identifying potential new business market sectors.
- Helping to design and produce specific Customs focused presentations tailored to client’s needs.
- Targeting relevant Logistics Managers/Supply Chain Managers.
- New business sales canvassing for volume export or import traffics.
- Preparing presentations and quotes for new business.
- Visiting prospective clients in the UK and Europe.
- Account management for specific clients.
- Opening credit accounts for new clients.
- Helping to manage a small but dynamic sales team.
- Helping the Operations team to solve commercial problems.
The Business Development Executive will need:
- Sales experience at a senior level, negotiating new business.
- Excellent communication skills, and telephone manner.
- New business sales background.
- The ability to make structured and effective cold calls through to closing.
- Strong organisational and administrative skills.
- IT and computer literate.
- Strong tenacity and work ethic.
- Team player.
- Language (French or German) an advantage but not essential.
If you’ve got what it takes to be a successful Business Development Executive, click ‘Apply’ immediately!