Our client is a provider of worldwide shipping solutions, and they are currently looking for a Claims Handler to join their team in Basildon. The role involves day-to-day investigation and handling of cargo / freight liability claims, reporting to the Supervisor and Claims Manager, as well as negotiating / adjusting claims in accordance with contract terms, from first notification to final settlement.
The workdays will be Monday to Friday with general hours of 08:30 – 17:00.
You will also be offered 20 Days Holiday a year + public holidays. There is a six-month probation period and depending on experience / training outcomes, there is potential for promotion to Senior Claims Handler.
As a Claims Handler, you’ll be dealing with claims for the company, Scan-Shipping, SSC, ICT and Strait Air companies. Also, corresponding with Group offices, our insurers, clients, and third-party claimant’s (e.g. subrogated insurers, surveyors, lawyers etc.) as well as invoicing (processing claims payments and inter-company invoices), extracting / collating file documents from internal Phoenix system and contacting agents and clients for paperwork / information.
Duties of the Senior Claims Handler:
- Daily data entry on claims system / initiating claim files
- Issuing intent to claim & claim acknowledgement letters
- Internal group discovery & research
- Instructing cargo surveyor or lawyers as required
- Processing payment of claims
- Pursuing recovery of claims paid
And when required:
- Assistance with Group insurance policy renewal
- Claim Stats Reporting
- Department Projects
- Closure and archiving of files
- General Admin duties
Experience required for the Senior Claims Handler:
- A good working knowledge on marine cargo liability, international transport and logistic claims would be advantageous – training will be provided as required
- Excellent communication and organisational skills
If the Senior Claims Handler role is something you would like to know more about or you know of anyone that fits the bill, either forward this advert to them, send us their details or get in contact with us and we will do the rest. You can recommend as many people as you like via our website and earn a referral fee per candidate we place*. This is an unlimited offer.
As recruiters specialising in freight and shipping, Red Recruit have vacancies at all levels within the industry, so please do get in touch to tell us what you’re looking for and well do our best to assist.
* T&C’s apply. Please contact the office for more information.