Customs Clearance Coordinator – VR/21936
Our client, experts in UK, European and International logistics, transport and freight, is looking for a dynamic and driven candidate to join their team in Felixstowe as a Customs Clearance Coordinator.
Roles & Responsibilities of the Customs Clearance Coordinator:
- Complete import & export customs declarations and in accordance with customer instructions
- Prioritise clearances based on arrival date
- Provide Customer support by providing guidance on Customs related matters
- Ensure prompt invoicing of Duty & VAT
- Log & record any instances of post clearance action
- Liaise with Customers to upsell services
- Support and advise all customers whilst ensuring the company is fully compliant with the requirements of HMRC
Requirements for the Customs Clearance Coordinator:
- Previous Customs entry experience
- Experience using Customs Software such as Descartes
- Understanding of Incoterms
- Understanding of Commodity codes
- Ability to challenge and improve internal processes
- Attention to detail
As well as the daily role of Customs Clearance, there will also be development opportunities to develop a wider understanding of logistics including air, sea & road.
You will receive a salary of £25-30k depending on experience.
If you’re interested in the Customs Clearance Coordinator role, click apply now, or email our Shipping team on firstname.lastname@example.org