Customs Clearance Specialist – Heathrow – VR/21945
Our client, a freight forwarding company are looking for an experienced Customs Clearance Specialist for their site in Heathrow.
The purpose of the Customs Clearance Specialist is to provide HMRC support, knowledge and compliance to both operational and sales departments, relating to the movement and clearance of goods from both inside and outside the EC.
Customs Clearance Specialist duties include:
- Preparation and submission of documentation to HMRC for UK Customs clearance covering various regimes i.e., Home use, CFSP, temporary imports, British returned goods, PEACHES etc.
- Provide support to operations team relating to matters of UK Customs procedure, compliance and subsequent declaration(s).
- To provide Post Clearance support by overseeing the completion of C285 duty and/or VAT repayment/remission and C2001 regarding under declarations of import taxes.
- Dealing with HMRC correspondence.
- Provide support and guidance to operatives with Customs procedural matters and processes.
- Assisting in the regulatory and compliance of Customs self-auditing requirements being part of the company AEO accreditation process.
- Completion of Box Top import details, costs, delivery notes & sales invoicing.
- Delivery arrangement and the monitoring of movement(s), where necessary.
- Proof of Delivery completion, where applicable.
- To prepare and produce weekly or monthly sales invoicing, where applicable.
Essential skills and experience required from the Customs Clearance Specialist:
- Proven knowledge and experience in Customs procedural and import operational matters.
- Good written and communication skills.
- Microsoft Office software skills i.e., Word, Outlook, Excel etc.
- Ability to work as a member of a team as well as work unsupervised using own initiative.
- To work collaboratively with other team members in order to deliver optimum performance.
- Experienced in the usage software applications to undertake the duties required.
- Excellent organisational skills.
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills.
- Understanding of complex information and requirements.
- Good prioritisation skills and be flexible enough to adapt plans.
- Good evaluation skills.
- An ability to work to tight deadlines and within constraints.
- Consistently demonstrates company values and encourage others to do the same.
In return, the successful candidate will receive a salary in the region of £25-35k, according to skills and experience.
If youre interested; click Apply Now, or email our Shipping team on email@example.com
Red Recruit is a specialist recruitment consultancy with prominence in the Shipping and Freight industry, covering various areas within the industry as well as other associated sectors. We provide an expert consultative, project managed approach, which recognises the unique skills and talents of every candidate. Founded in 2002 and boasting increasing success, Red Recruits mission is to serve likeminded Clients and Candidates and be a collaborator in their growth and progression. We accomplish this utilizing our skilled approaches and methodologies and we offer tailored solutions to suit specific needs. Clients of Red Recruit are able to access a wealth of knowledge and experience via our recruitment consultants; many of whom possess extensive experience.
If you have current or recent experience within the shipping or freight industry, then please contact us to see if we can assist you finding your next career move.