Our client, a fast growing and developing Freight Forwarder, is currently looking for a new Customs Clerk to join their team. On a day to day basis, you’ll be liaising with customers and customs authorities, coordinating customs clearances from start to finish. This vacancy is based in Dartford and is offered on a full-time permanent basis.
We’re keen to speak to enthusiastic people who have experience working as a Customs Clerk / Customs Coordinator, or have good working knowledge of Destin8, CNS and MultiFreight and a good operational know-how of customs clearance procedures, food import, SPS and Port Health experience.
Successful Customs Clerks are organised by nature and will thrive in a fast paced and dynamic atmosphere. Being computer literate, having excellent attention to detail skills, as well as being good with numbers and a confident communicator are imperative attributes for the best Customs Clerks.
Custom Clerk Duties Include:
- Prepare documentation for customs clearance, process and monitor import clearances
- Liaising with customers and consignees, Customs Authorises and Port Health
- Customs clearance experience
- Good knowledge of the various customs procedures
- Good knowledge of Destin8, CHIEF, CNS and MultiFreight
- Good knowledge of Microsoft office, including Excel and databases
- Strong communications and organisational skills
- Strong work ethics with focus on attention to detail and accuracy
- Team player and self-driven with a positive attitude
If you’ve got what it takes, please ‘Apply Now’ immediately. Jobs are being filled very quickly at the moment!
Red Recruit has logistics vacancies at all levels, so please do get in touch to tell us what you’re looking for and we’ll do our best to assist.