Our transport and logistics Client is a global industry leader, providing and managing supply chain solutions. They understand the importance of their people and actively strive to attract, motivate and retain talented people by offering responsibility, empowerment and growth opportunities. As a direct result of this they are actively looking for an experienced EU Roadfreight Import Operator to meet the current high demand of their services. You’ll be dealing with road freight trailer arrivals into the UK, liaising with Benelux offices, UK Warehouses and UK Customs Teams, processing and arranging deliveries to Importers via the UK Distribution Team. This is a full-time, permanent position, based in Purfleet, offering a salary in the region of £26k for the right person.
We’d love to speak to skilled people with commercial pricing experience or shipment knowledge from having worked as an EU Roadfreight Import Operator, Operations Coordinator, Operations Clerk or similar, within a shipping / freight background.
Successful Roadfreight Import Operators will have a good operational know-how of shipping procedures, excellent relationship building skills; with customers, suppliers and colleagues alike. You’ll be proficient at prioritising your workload. Your attention to detail skills will be second to none.
Duties of the EU Roadfreight Import Operator:
- Be able to handle the shipment from start to finish (clearance to delivery to the customer)
- Deal with a variety of commodities for all shipments
- Manage roadfreight booking process with customers and suppliers
- Obtain and process pricing enquiries for all forms of road transport
- Operate internal operations system, on-line booking and sales platforms, customs documentation
- Manage sales and cost reconciliation on a shipment by shipment basis
- Raise accurate operational documentation such as Load sheets, Certificates of Origin and EUR1s with great attention to detail
- Import and Export clearances
- Deal with all queries quickly and efficiently
Essential Experience required for the EU Roadfreight Import Operator:
- You will need to have at least 2 years experience
- Knowledge of tariffs & Incoterms
- Experience of inputting into CHIEF/ CDS
If you’ve got what it takes, please Apply Now immediately. EU Road Freight Operators are in high demand and jobs are being filled very quickly at the moment!
As recruiters specialising in freight and shipping, Red Recruit have vacancies at all levels within the industry, so please do get in touch to tell us what youre looking for and well do our best to assist.