EU Roadfreight Operations Coordinator – Customs – Essex – VR/21918
Our client, a global logistics service provider, is looking for an experienced EU Roadfreight Operations Coordinator to join their team based in Essex.
The position will focus on import and export EU operations & customs clearances.
EU Roadfreight Operations Coordinator – Customs duties include:
- Manage the day to day export and import bookings of European road transport shipments
- Raising job files and all appropriate paperwork
- Extensive client liaison and supplier liaison
- Liaising with HMRC, customers, suppliers and sub-contractors, including shipping lines and hauliers
- General customs clearance administration.
- Accurately preparing/submitting export customs entries handling multimodal European export shipments
- Internal liaison with the Sales Team, assisting with quotations and service information
- Managing the jobs from start to finish in line with the client expectations and communicating effectively any service issues
- Maximising the gross profit by negotiating with the supplier base
- Invoicing jobs on completion
Experience required from European Roadfreight Operations Coordinator – Customs:
- Must have at least 2-3 years’ experience of handling road freight operations
- Experience of calculating freight quotations
- Good understanding of all forwarding operational activities
- Knowledge of CHIEF / CDS and Destin8
- Good verbal and writing skills are essential, along with presentation, spelling, grammar and maths skills
- You must be reliable, punctual and have great ambition
In return, the successful EU Roadfreight Operations Coordinator – Customs will receive salary according to skills and experience.
If you’re interested; click ‘Apply Now’, or email our Shipping team on email@example.com
Red Recruit is a specialist recruitment consultancy with prominence in the Shipping and Freight industry, covering various areas within the industry as well as other associated sectors. We provide an expert consultative, ‘project managed’ approach, which recognises the unique skills and talents of every candidate. Founded in 2002 and boasting increasing success, Red Recruit’s mission is to serve likeminded Clients and Candidates and be a collaborator in their growth and progression. We accomplish this utilizing our skilled approaches and methodologies and we offer tailored solutions to suit specific needs. Clients of Red Recruit are able to access a wealth of knowledge and experience via our recruitment consultants; many of whom possess extensive experience.