Our client based in Manchester offers Transport, Storage and Distribution services, and they are currently looking for an experienced European Road Freight Operator to join their team.
We are keen to speak to people who have a good working knowledge of the European Freight Forwarding market and experience within a similar role.
The successful European Road Freight Operator will receive a salary depending on experience.
Duties of the European Road Freight Operator:
- Managing daily bookings and advising customers on what is required to transport their goods in a timely and efficient manner.
- Liaising with internal teams and subcontractors to ensure bookings are collected and delivered on time and communicated to customers in a timely manner.
- Negotiating with subcontractors.
- Managing spot rate requests.
- Running regular KPI reports and also state where improvements need to be made to consistently hit targets.
- Inputting milestones for every shipment into Cargowise.
- Invoicing and taking an interest in how to improve margins.
- Ability to manage your own workload.
- A great team player.
- Good numeracy and literacy skills.
- Excellent customer facing manner and a desire to learn and develop the role.
If you’ve got what it takes to be a successful European Road Freight Operator, please Apply immediately. Jobs are being filled very quickly at the moment!