European Road Services Supervisor – London – £30-35k – VR/21961
The Company and Role:
Our client, a logistics provider specialising in services to the film and TV industry, is looking for an experienced European Road Services Supervisor to join their team in London.
The purpose of this role is to manage and develop the daily administration operations for the European trades for the company, ensuring that all areas can operate effectively and efficiently. The role will be to assist the Operations Manager in meeting targets through effective cost and time management and to assist the Sales dept in developing new business.
European Road Services Supervisor duties include:
- Mange the full customs procedure including checking documentation, setting clearances in Destin8 and CNS systems, dealing with any customs or port holds and handling clearance and V&D invoicing to customers
- Manage and develop team members to enable operational objectives to be met
- Prepare performance progress reports for senior management on a monthly basis
- Manage the production of files and daily documentation chasing and collation
- Manage file billing in line with tariffs
- Manage pre-alerts for the Import and Export teams
- Ensure effective month end procedures are in place, making sure all trade routes are performing to the standard margin and gross profit accuracy reporting on any shipments falling outside of budget
- Regularly review credit limits to ensure they are not exceeded
- Regularly monitor and review our VAT and/or Duty exposure, making sure we are not allowing cargo to be released without cleared funds
- Handle employee absences in line with Company policy
- Ensure that customer requirements are met by working with the operations and commercial team to produce any bespoke Standard Operating Procedures and Service Level Agreements
- Continuously develop strong working relationships with key customers and suppliers
- Develop constructive working relationships with overseas agents and offices and internal offices and departments resolving any concerns by ensuring corrective action is taken
- Any other duties as required by management for the smooth and efficient operation of the department
- Work with the operations team to continually improve processes and business performance
The European Road Services Supervisor must have previous experience in a similar role and be able to undertake the duties required. Hours of work are 9am – 5:30pm; Monday – Friday.
The successful European Road Services Supervisor will be offered a salary in the region of 30-35k according to skills and experience.
Please apply immediately to firstname.lastname@example.org. Jobs are being filled very quickly at the moment
We have a number for positions for this and similar roles, if you know of anyone that is looking please share this advert with them and we will do our best to assist in these difficult times.
Red Recruit is a specialist recruitment consultancy with prominence in the Shipping and Freight industry, covering various areas within the industry as well as other associated sectors. We provide an expert consultative, project managed approach, which recognises the unique skills and talents of every candidate. Founded in 2002 and boasting increasing success, Red Recruits mission is to serve likeminded Clients and Candidates and be a collaborator in their growth and progression. We accomplish this utilizing our skilled approaches and methodologies and we offer tailored solutions to suit specific needs. Clients of Red Recruit are able to access a wealth of knowledge and experience via our recruitment consultants; many of whom possess