Our client, an independently owned freight company specialising in European Logistics and Road Freight Solutions, is looking for an Export Freight Forwarder to join their expanding team.
- Planning, organising, directing, and help run day-to-day operations to exceed our customers expectations.
- Increase productivity, whilst minimising unnecessary costs and maintaining current quality standards.
- Responsibility of negotiating rates with customers as well as transportation costs of suppliers.
- Maintain and improve working relationships with both customers and suppliers.
- Drive continuous improvement and optimisation of all processes.
- Monitoring transport rates, markets, and looking after the job from start to finish.
- Sub-contracting haulage requirements, managing transportation bookings, and quotations.
- Proven experience of working as a European Freight forwarder via road (Min 3 years)
- Road freight Forwarding knowledge of Germany, Belgium and/or Netherlands.
- Familiarity of the industry and technical expertise
- Knowledge and understanding of rates, customers, and suppliers within the European road freight sector.
- Computer literacy
- Strong team building, decision-making, accountability and to lead by example if needed language i.e., German or Dutch not essential, however, would be advantageous
Working hours of 8 am – 5 pm, Monday to Friday.
Salary: £30,000 – £38,000 depending on previous experience.