Our Client, the UKs largest independent Global Logistics Group, are currently searching for an Seafreight FCL Import Operator to join their team in Tilbury, to provide high level customer service to their clients and to ensure shipments are rated and invoiced correctly. The successful Seafreight FCL Import Operator will have a minimum of 2 years previous experience in general Imports, excellent attention to detail and excellent communication skills as you will be negotiating/agreeing haulage prices with suppliers and resolving any customers queries or complaints.
As this FCL Import Operator, you will be chasing customs clearance document from customers prior to vessel arrival, answering email queries in a timely manner as well as arranging haulage with shipping lines/haulers and filing and archiving job files once they are complete.
Responsibilities of a Seafreight FCL Import Operator:
- Collecting all the correct documentation prior to release/delivery of cargo
- Securing any payment cleared funds for COD accounts prior to release/delivery of cargo
- Processing supplier invoices
- Completing customer and supplier spreadsheets
- Securing payment cleared funds for duty/vat invoices prior to release/delivery of cargo
Experience required for a Seafreight FCL Import Operator:
- IT Literate – Excel and Word are essential
- Driven and self-motivated
- Proactive problem-solving capability
- Able to work to deadlines and meet targets
If this FCL Import Operator role is something is something you would like to know more about or you know of anyone that fits the bill, either forward this advert to them, send us their details or get in contact with us and we will do the rest. You can recommend as many people as you like via our website and earn a referral fee per candidate we place*. This is an unlimited offer.
As recruiters specialising in freight and shipping, Red Recruit have vacancies at all levels within the industry, so please do get in touch to tell us what you’re looking for and well do our best to assist.
* T&C’s apply. Please contact the office for more information.