Freight Business Development Manager – South of UK – VR/22126
The Company & Role:
Our Client is a provider of comprehensive international freight, shipping, logistics, warehousing and distribution services to customers located throughout the world. They are currently looking for an experienced Freight Business Development Manager, who has been working within the industry for the past 2 years.
The purpose of the role is to grow business in the South of the UK by winning business from new customers, and to increase business from existing customers to achieve adequate growth. Candidates should have access to a portfolio of small, medium & large customers (Air & Ocean) to bring to the business.
Freight Business Development Manager Duties include:
- Win business from new customers in line with targets
- Generate an increase in business from existing customers in your portfolio
- Identify new target customers within defined parameters
- Research all clients fully prior to visiting, to ensure credit limits are viable, and there is a realistic chance of success (using websites, Experian, HMRC portals, CW1 data, etc.)
- Communication with clients in order to qualify prospects and promote the Company
- Visit customers, to achieve number of visits as per KPI and follow up effectively
- Complete comprehensive visit reports punctually in CW1 shortly after the visit
- Ensure customer satisfaction whilst complying with Company standards and procedures
- Represent the Company to a high standard
- Receive enquiries, quotations, RFI/RFQ and engage with internal/external stakeholders as required
- The role requires establishing contacts and relationships with customers, providing active and proactive information to the client as needed
- Ensure CW1 is kept fully updated at all times (Inquiries, Visit Reports, Communications, Opportunities)
Skills and Experience required from Freight Business Development Manager:
- Strong selling skills; negotiation, persuasion
- Excellent communication skills – both written and verbal
- Problem-solving and dispute resolution skills
- Experience of air, road or ocean movements, customs documentation and procedures
- Good presentation skills
- Good time-management with the ability to organize, including prioritizing, planning, follow-up, assigning and controlling objectives
- Good numeracy skills
- Computer literate; in particular to be familiar with CargoWise, Microsoft Office, Lotus Notes, etc.
- Able to manage deadlines and sometimes difficult situations
- Achieve individual KPIs and targets, as defined
Candidates should be outgoing, friendly and commercially aware. You must possess excellent interpersonal skills and be result-oriented with an emphasis on customer focus.
In return, the successful Freight Business Development Manager will receive a competitive salary package including commission, car allowance, healthcare plan and pension.
Please apply immediately to email@example.com. Jobs are being filled very quickly at the moment
We have a number for positions for this and similar roles, if you know of anyone that is looking please share this advert with them and we will do our best to assist in these difficult times.
Red Recruit is a specialist recruitment consultancy with prominence in the Shipping and Freight industry, covering various areas within the industry as well as other associated sectors. We provide an expert consultative, project managed approach, which recognises the unique skills and talents of every candidate. Founded in 2002 and boasting increasing s