Freight Customer & Sales Support – Tilbury – c £20k-£30k – VR/22124
The Company and Role:
Our client, an established and well respected global logistics company, is looking for a Freight Customer & Sales Support person to join their team in Tilbury.
The main purpose of this role will be to assist with the organising of freight movement, while maximising profitability. This role would be suitable for someone with a quick brain, who knows how to make the right decision in sometimes difficult circumstances.
Freight Customer & Sales Support Duties include:
- Liaising with customers, suppliers, overseas agents and sub-contractors such as shipping lines, hauliers and depots
- Preparing cost/ charge-out tariffs in order to provide and enable accurate pricing and quotations.
- Maximise profitability, whenever the opportunity arises
- Build and maintain strong relationships with customers in order to grow their support
Skills and Experience required from Freight Customer & Sales Support:
- Must have at least 2 years of experience in the Freight Forwarding Industry
- Excellent communication skills – both verbal and written
- Good maths and IT skills
- A working knowledge of the UK Customs Clearance process
- A good knowledge of CHIEF (soon to be replaced by CDS) & Destin8
- Good personal presentation and interpersonal skills are essential
- Able to work well as part of a team and be prepared to help out where necessary undertaking other office duties of a forwarding / admin nature, as required
In return, the successful Freight Customer & Sales Support will receive a salary in the region of £20k- £30k, depending on skills and experience.
Please apply immediately to firstname.lastname@example.org. Jobs are being filled very quickly at the moment
We have a number for positions for this and similar roles, if you know of anyone that is looking please share this advert with them and we will do our best to assist in these difficult times.
Red Recruit is a specialist recruitment consultancy with prominence in the Shipping and Freight industry, covering various areas within the industry as well as other associated sectors. We provide an expert consultative, project managed approach, which recognises the unique skills and talents of every candidate. Founded in 2002 and boasting increasing success, Red Recruits mission is to serve likeminded Clients and Candidates and be a collaborator in their growth and progression. We accomplish this utilizing our skilled approaches and methodologies and we offer tailored solutions to suit specific needs. Clients of Red Recruit are able to access a wealth of knowledge and experience via our recruitment consultants; many of whom possess extensive experience.