Our client, who offers a wide range of transport services to and from all locations around the world, are looking for a new Head of Finance.
We are keen to speak with people who have previous experience in Finance or Account Management.
Also, having experience of working within the shipping / logistics industry would be an advantage but not essential.
Duties of a Finance Manager:
- Manage requests for the adhoc payments including the bi-monthly payment runs
- Manage the audit process for the company
- Oversee the financial reporting for the company
- Liaise with tax and accountancy advisors as required
- Cover basic HR responsibilities
- Manage the cash flow – (this involves uploading invoices to Bank portal to allow cash to be withdrawn)
- Monthly reporting to Barclays for the sales facility
- Ensure compliance with all legislative reporting
- Daily notification of cash received
- Posting bank receipts to customer accounts and matching to invoices
- Dealing with customer queries i.e. copy invoices
- Chasing overdue debts in a timely fashion
- Monitoring and controlling immediate payments
- Weekly debt reporting to management
- Reconciling all bank accounts including bank suspense account
- Setting up new customer accounts including completing credit checks
- Maintaining accurate credit information
- Cover for credit controller in other business for annual leave/sickness
- Other adhoc duties as required
If you’re interested in the Head of Finance position, click Apply now!
As recruiters specialising in the freight and logistics industry we have a vacancies at all levels. If you know of anyone that is looking please share this advert with them and we will do our best to assist.