Our Client, a leader in supply chain solution management and logistics, who have a wealth of experience in creating innovative and cost effective solutions for their customers worldwide, are now currently looking for a new Import Clerk to join their team.
You’ll be dealing with companies worldwide, liaising with overseas agents / customers / hauliers, handling all aspects of imports from start to finish and everything in between, including charging files and processing purchase invoices.
This vacancy is based in Felixstowe and is offered on a full-time permanent basis with a salary of 20-30K (depending on experience).
We are keen to speak with candidates who has some experience with Import and have a good operational know-how of import procedures, excellent customer service skills and commercial sense.
Duties of the Import Clerk:
- Liaising with overseas agents / customers / hauliers
- Receiving pre-alerts from overseas agents
- Creating files both manually and on the computer system
- Advising customers of arrival of cargo into the UK
- Planning loads and sending load lists to agents
- Checking manifests once received
- Receiving and checking relevant import documentation and passing on to shipping lines
- Planning and arranging deliveries
Key requirements of an Import Clerk:
- Experience in Freight Forwarding
- Have good Knowledge dealing with overseas origin agents and suppliers
- Good IT skills
- Very good communication skills
- Handling bookings, deliveries and queries
- Customs experience
- Able to deal with customers verbally and via E-mails
- Able to work using own initiative and well within a team
If you’ve got what it takes, please ‘Apply Now’ immediately. Jobs are being filled very quickly at the moment!
As recruiters specialising in freight and shipping, Red Recruit have numerous similar roles as well as positions at all levels within the industry.