Import Deliveries – VR/21931
Our client, a well-known freight forwarding and logistics company, is looking for an Import Deliveries Planner to join their team in Basildon.
Duties of the Import Deliveries Planner:
- Process Import deliveries selection of supplier via cost calculator and monitor and communicate on any delays or issues.
- Provide POD’s as required.
- Deal with any cargo claims as per internal policies.
- Ensure cost estimates are entered on all jobs within the correct accounting month.
- Check purchase invoices are correct on receipt. Pass all correct invoices for payment and dispute anything that is not as agreed.
- Ensure all operational issues are clearly documented in writing, keeping supervisor in copy of all correspondence.
- Access invoice queries on a daily basis via Topaz, resolve any queries and forward anything that is on your list in error to correct party.
- Close files after checking everything has been charged/costed and maximum profitability is achieved.
- Keep clients SOP’s updated.
- Answer telephone in a timely manner.
- Cover all other elements of the import role as and when business needs require.
The successful Import Deliveries Planner will receive a salary of £22-26k depending on experience.
If you’re interested in the Transport Planner role, click apply now, or email our Shipping team on firstname.lastname@example.org