IT Support Analyst – Hull – VR/21951
The Company & Role:
Our client, a leading independent freight forwarder; is currently looking for an experienced IT Support Analyst for their team in Hull.
The purpose of this role is to support end-users and systems within the company, providing front-line primary technical support and assistance on various technical issues and problems relating to hardware, software, systems, peripherals, telephony and mobile devices, as well as responding to, documenting and resolving service tickets in a timely manner according to an agreed SLA.
You will be required to travel to remote sites on occasions, as part of either a scheduled rota or on an as and when basis if issues arise.
IT Support Analyst duties include:
- Working as part of a team supporting staff both on-site and remotely with IT issues.
- Working with other IT staff to run and administer interfaces between IT issues.
- Assist with running the Help Desk supporting 250+ end users providing first and second-line support.
- Ensuring hand off of issues to other departments is appropriate while still maintaining primary point of contact with the end user.
- Dealing with external support companies as required bringing issues and problems to a swift conclusion.
- Ensuring relevant documentation is completed such as main core processes and procedures.
- Provide high quality customer service, acting in a courteous and professional manner at all times, to staff at all levels within John Good Logistics.
- To provide any additional IT related support as directed by the Head of IT, or Support Supervisor.
- Systems supported will include Office 365, Windows 10, Microsoft Office, Cargowise One, CHESS Warehouse System
- To provide operational technical additions to systems such as report writing or assisting with data imports / exports.
- Occasional visits to remote sites as and when required.
- All duties to be undertaken with reference to Authorised Economic Operator (AEO) procedures and work instruction.
Skills required from IT Support Analyst:
- IT Support experience background.
- Office 365 experience.
- Microsoft Azure experience.
- Proven ability to work in a standalone roll.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Confident customer service approach.
- Willing to learn new technologies and skills.
- Ability to work in a busy and pressured environment.
The successful IT Support Analyst will receive an excellent salary package including company pension scheme.
If youre interested; click Apply Now, or email our Shipping team on firstname.lastname@example.org
Red Recruit is a specialist recruitment consultancy with prominence in the Shipping and Freight industry, covering various areas within the industry as well as other associated sectors. We provide an expert consultative, project managed approach, which recognises the unique skills and talents of every candidate. Founded in 2002 and boasting increasing success, Red Recruits mission is to serve likeminded Clients and Candidates and be a collaborator in their growth and progression. We accomplish this utilizing our skilled approaches and methodologies and we offer tailored solutions to suit specific needs. Clients of Red Recruit are able to access a wealth of knowledge and experience via our recruitment consultants; many of whom possess extensive experience.
If you have current or recent experience within the shipping or freight industry, then please contact us to see if we can assist you finding your next career move.