Our Client, one of the largest privately owned international Freight and Logistics Companies are currently searching for a Maintenance Assistant to join their team to perform routine grounds keeping, building maintenance tasks and hygiene / cleaning duties. Its a full time, permanent position based at their Tilbury site, offering a salary in the region of £20-22K.
As Maintenance Assistant, on a day to day basis youll be conducting general grounds maintenance, undertaking hygiene and cleaning responsibilities and carrying out waste-management duties including pallet management, as well as facilitating contractors on-site. You will also be responsible for general building maintenance tasks such as painting and decorating, basic plumbing and electrical maintenance including PAT testing, and conducting repairs as necessary.
We’re keen to speak to driven and self-motivated people with general property / grounds maintenance skills. Successful Maintenance Assistants have proactive problem-solving capabilities by nature, are to work to deadlines and meet targets, demonstrating flexibility and adaptability. You’ll need to be a team player with excellent communications skills, and be IT literate in order to use the companys online maintenance systems.
If you have experience as a Maintenance Assistant / Caretaker, we want to hear from you!
Maintenance Assistant Duties include:
- Facilitating contractors on-site using the contractor control process
- Use of online Maintenance systems
- Using dynamic risk assessments
- Completion of Maintenance/Facilities related H&S Action points and initiatives
- Hygiene and cleaning responsibilities excluding offices, toilets and welfare facilities
- Waste management duties.
- Pallet management duties
- Completing PAT Testing
- Conduct general grounds maintenance such as:
- Clear litter
- Yard Cleaning
- Grass cutting, Edge trimming and Trimming foliage/bushes
- Control weeds
- Maintain clear pathways during ice and snow
- Maintain pathways and parking areas
- Conduct general building maintenance tasks (within skill level) such as:
- Changing light bulbs
- Painting and decorating
- Basic plumbing, including unblocking sinks, toilets and drainage
- Basic Joinery
- Basic electrical maintenance
- Conduct repairs on doors and roller shutters
- Repair of suspended ceilings panels
- Assemble / repair desks and other office furniture and relocate when required
Red Recruit have vacancies at all levels within the freight and shipping industry, so please do get in touch to tell us what youre looking for and well do our best to assist.