Our client is a Supply Chain solutions company, and they are currently looking for an Ocean Pricing Clerk to join their team in Coventry. You will be there to assist with the day to day ocean pricing requirements, working with both the operations and sales departments.
Ocean Freight industry experience would be a distinct advantage for this role.
Hours for the Ocean Pricing Clerk role are Monday to Friday, 9am – 5.30pm.
Duties of the Ocean Pricing Clerk:
- Creating pricing for both full container load and less than container load shipments, ranging from small one-day quotes to larger multi-lane opportunities
- Negotiating buy rates with carriers
- Providing assistance to other (overseas) pricing teams
- Liaising with customers for shipping advice
- Updating of pricing and distribution of rates to regular customers
- Assisting the Sales Team with specific pricing requirements
Requirements for the Ocean Pricing Clerk role:
- It is very much a system based role, using the companys own software (full training will be provided), so computer literacy is key.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal are essential, as well as a keen eye for detail.
- Ability to work well within a small team, as well as using your own initiative.
If you’ve got what it takes to be a successful Ocean Pricing Clerk, please apply immediately. Jobs are being filled very quickly at the moment!