Our established logistics Client specialises in air and sea freight solutions for customers in the UK and across the globe. They are now looking to appoint an Air & Sea Operator in Liverpool.
On a day-to-day basis, you’ll be dealing with companies worldwide, liaising with overseas agents / customers / hauliers, handling all aspects of imports from start to finish and everything in between, including charging files and processing purchase invoices. This Air & Sea Operator vacancy is offered on a full-time permanent basis, Monday to Friday. It’s a great opportunity for someone who wants to progress their career at a like-minded company.
We’d love to speak to enthusiastic people who have been working as an Air & Sea Import Operator / Import Clerk / Import Coordinator, etc. or people who have a good operational know-how of import procedures, excellent customer service skills and experience of LCL and FCL from a freight / logistics background. Being a proficient communicator; in person, on the phone and in writing and having commercial sense are vital attributes for successful Import Operators.
If you’ve got what it takes, please ‘Apply Now’ immediately. This Client really appreciates the value of their staff and actively recruits highly skilled staff from multifarious backgrounds enabling them to offer an infinite range of specialised logistics options.
Duties of the Air & Sea Import Operator:
- Manage bookings from start to finish
- Develop relationships with allocated customers
- Issue booking instructions to origin offices
- Process Import bookings
- Proactively inform customer on shipment status, exceptions and provide intermediate updates on incident solution
- Process UK Customs Clearance
- Handle customer inquiries
- Take and register all customer complaints and drive solution of customer complaints by solving it directly or assigning tasks to other function
- Ensure correct charges are highlighted / passed for billing
Key skills required for the Air & Sear Import Operator:
- Strong background in Air and Ocean Freight Forwarding
- Good Administrative and MS Excel skills
- Working knowledge of Sequoia, would be a distinct advantage
- Results driven and good attention to detail
- Good interpersonal skills
- Ability to build relationships with customers
- Able to prioritise, perform under pressure and work using own initiative
If this Operations Clerk role is something is something you would like to know more about or you know of anyone that fits the bill, either forward this advert to them, send us their details or get in contact with us and we will do the rest. You can recommend as many people as you like via our website and earn a referral fee per candidate we place*. This is an unlimited offer.
As recruiters specialising in freight and shipping, Red Recruit have vacancies at all levels within the industry, so please do get in touch to tell us what you’re looking for and we’ll do our best to assist.
* T&C’s apply. Please contact the office for more information