Our client, who offers a wide range of transport services to and from all locations around the world, are looking for a new Purchase Ledger Clerk.
The Purchase Ledger Clerk will be responsible for the administration and accounting of purchases and payments.
We are keen to speak with people who have previous experience in Admin, Accounting or Finance, ideally from a shipping / logistics background.
Duties of a Purchase Ledger Clerk:
- Input of purchase ledger invoices accurately and in a timely manner into the in-house system
- Maintaining an invoice query log and under estimate log for the operators
- Supplier account reconciliations – monthly
- Posting overhead invoices
- Produce and send out supplier remittances
- Respond to suppliers requests for payment dates and all other supplier queries
- Monitors and action emails in the finance email inboxes
- Provide cover for other parts of the business in absence and annual leave
Key Skills and Requirements of the Purchase Ledger Clerk:
- Must have Purchase Ledger Experience
- Knowledge/Experience of Microsoft Office
- Team Worker
- Good Communication Skills
- Flexible and Adaptable
- AAT Qualification or working towards
- Transport / Shipping industry knowledge is an advantage
Successful candidates should have had previous accounts experience and excellent IT skills are required.
If you’re interested in the Purchase Ledger Clerk position, click Apply now!
As recruiters specialising in the freight and logistics industry we have a vacancies at all levels. If you know of anyone that is looking please share this advert with them and we will do our best to assist.