Tax Senior – Wanstead – VR/22224
My client, a well established and respected firm of Accountants based in Wanstead are expanding their busy team and are currently seeking a Tax Senior to join them.
Candidates will be assisting the busy professional team with delivering our full range of services to our diverse client base.
Tax Senior duties include:
- Dealing with personal and corporation tax.
- Prepare corporation tax computations and LLP income tax computations and review those prepared by the accounts/audit team for corporate client.
- Preparation/review of personal tax returns.
- Preparation/review of forms P11D.
- Point of contact for clients.
- Liaising with HMRC on behalf of clients.
- Dealing with HMRC enquiries into personal and corporate tax returns.
- Working with Managers and Directors on tax advisory projects for existing clients and prospects (for example, restructuring/reorganisations, remuneration planning, incorporations, share buy-backs, R&D tax credits, EMI schemes, EIS and SEIS applications).
- Assisting the Managers and Directors with research into other technical areas.
- Training and supervision of junior team members.
- Involvement in management of the team.
- Preparation of fees for clients.
- Working with 3rd party specialist providing information and being point of contact on more complex matters.
Skills and Experience required from Tax Senior:
- Preferably CTA Qualified or Part Qualified, however candidates with ACA/ACCA/ATT or QBE who have been working in tax long term gaining the skills outlined for the role.
- Strong literacy and numerical skills
- Strong base of experience in a mixed tax role, preferably with a minimum of 50% Corporate Tax practical knowledge.
- Strong IT skills – Excel and ideally Iris
- A minimum of 3 years practice experience
- Good up-to-date technical knowledge including recent developments within the tax arena
- Communication – oral and written, ability to deal with variety of people in different environments
- Organised – ability to deal with a variety of tasks and managing a varied workload
- Client focused
- Commercially aware
- Team building skills
- Problem solving skills
- Ability to work well under pressure
- Adaptable to change
- Be positive and committed in dealings with both clients and team members
Working hours are 9am to 5:30pm, Monday to Friday.
In return, the successful Tax Senior will receive a competitive salary package including pension, parking and various employment benefits.
If you’re interested; click ‘Apply Now’, or email; firstname.lastname@example.org
Red Recruit is a specialist recruitment consultancy. We provide an expert consultative, project managed approach, which recognises the unique skills and talents of every candidate. Founded in 2002 and boasting increasing success, Red Recruits mission is to serve likeminded Clients and Candidates and be a collaborator in their growth and progression. We accomplish this utilizing our skilled approaches and methodologies and we offer tailored solutions to suit specific needs. Clients of Red Recruit are able to access a wealth of knowledge and experience via our recruitment consultants; many of whom possess extensive experience.
If you have current or recent experience within the shipping or freight industry, then please contact us to see if we can assist you finding your next career move.