Trainee Operator – VR/22666
Our client is an international logistics company who are currently looking for a new Trainee Operator to join their team. This vacancy is based in Chelmsford and is offered on a full-time permanent basis with a salary of £18-23K (depending on experience).
Successful Trainee Operators are organised by nature and thrive in a fast paced and dynamic atmosphere. Being computer literate, having excellent attention to detail skills, as well as being good with numbers and a confident communicator are imperative attributes for this role.
During training you’ll learn how to be proficient in:
- Creating jobs using the in-house freight system
- Generation of paperwork including driver’s collection and delivery notes, international cargo manifests and CMR notes
- Arranging domestic and international transport with internal departments and outside subcontractors
- Transferring shipment information to International partners across Europe
- Liaising with customers, partners, third party hauliers and agents via telephone and email
- Client reporting and KPI’s
- Assisting with customs formalities including export / import declarations, arranging customs clearance, and duty deferment processing
- Good knowledge of Microsoft office, including Excel and databases
- Strong communications and organisational skills
- Strong work ethics with focus on attention to detail and accuracy
- Team player and self-driven with a positive attitude
- Some logistics understanding with Transport, Shipping or distribution is essential to be considered for this role.
If you’ve got what it takes, please ‘Apply Now’ immediately. Jobs are being filled very quickly at the moment!
If this is something you would like to know more details about or you know of anyone that fits the bill either forward this advert to them, send us their details or get in contact with us and we will do the rest. You can recommend as many people as you like via our website and earn a referral fee per candidate we place*. This is an unlimited offer.
* T&C’s apply. Please contact the office for more information.