Trainee Import Clerk – Essex – VR/21917
Our client, a global logistics service provider, is looking for a Trainee Import Clerk to join their team based in Essex.
Trainee Import Clerk main duties include:
- Taking bookings – creating files both manually and on the computer system
- Liaising with overseas agents, customers and hauliers
- Negotiating rates with shipping companies and charging files
- Advising customers of arrival of cargo into the UK
- Planning loads and sending load lists to agents
- Checking manifests once received
- Receiving and checking relevant import documentation and passing on to shipping lines
- Preparing export documentation, i.e. Bills of Lading
- Passing purchase invoices and dealing with any queries
Skills Required from Trainee Import Clerk:
- Must have at least two years’ experience dealing with imports in some capacity.
- Excellent customer service experience
- Confident communication skills
- Good organisational skills
- Good attention to detail
- Can work to deadlines and handle pressure
- Quick thinker / problem solving
- Self-motivated and enthusiastic character
- Ability to work with and support a team
- Computer literate
The ideal candidate must have at least two years’ experience dealing with imports and be keen to build a career in the freight forwarding industry.
In return, the successful Trainee Import Clerk will receive salary according to skills and experience.
If you’re interested; click ‘Apply Now’, or email our Shipping team on email@example.com