Transport / Shipping Operations Assistant – Portsmouth – VR/21924
The Company & Role:
Our client, a global logistics provider, offering logistics services across the UK and internationally, is looking for a Transport / Shipping Operations Assistant for their team in Portsmouth.
Main Duties of the Transport / Shipping Operations Assistant:
- Performing necessary administrative tasks to assist the company in successfully handling importations from all over the world.
- Speaking to clients and collating documentation
- File preparation
- Preparing documents for presentation to customs and excise
- All administration and following up with clients to ensure smooth operations
- Arranging collections and deliveries of cargo in the UK
- Sub-contracting jobs to and from Europe
Skills & Requirements of the Transport / Shipping Operations Assistant:
- Knowledge of basic customs procedures is essential
- Knowledge of HM customs and excise procedures
- Knowledge of UK and European transport
- Computer literacy
- Neat with a good organisational mind
- Ability to recognise urgency and prioritise
- Ability to work in a sometimes pressurised environment
- Capable of good liaison with customers, suppliers and sub-contractors such as shipping lines, hauliers and depots
- Ability to maximise profitability, whenever the opportunity arises and to engage with customers in order to grow their support
- A proven successful track record of 1-2 years working for a small to medium sized freight forwarder
In return, the successful Transport / Shipping Operations Assistant will receive a salary depending on ability and experience
If you’re interested; click ‘Apply Now’, or email our Shipping team on email@example.com
Red Recruit is a specialist recruitment consultancy with prominence in the Shipping and Freight industry, covering various areas within the industry as well as other associated sectors. We provide an expert consultative, project managed approach, which recognises the unique skills and talents of every candidate. Founded in 2002 and boasting increasing success, Red Recruits mission is to serve likeminded Clients and Candidates and be a collaborator in their growth and progression. We accomplish this utilizing our skilled approaches and methodologies and we offer tailored solutions to suit specific needs. Clients of Red Recruit are able to access a wealth of knowledge and experience via our recruitment consultants; many of whom possess extensive experience.
If you have current or recent experience within the shipping or freight industry, then please contact us to see if we can assist you finding your next career move.