Our client are the UK’s leading independent logistics and trade management provider, and they are currently looking for a Warehouse Shift Manager to join their team in Felixstowe on the night shift. Hours are 6pm – 6am, 4 nights on 4 nights off.
As the Warehouse Shift Manager, you will be working at a brand new Distribution Centre as part of a larger management team. You will be expected to effectively lead the warehouse operation assigned to you, keep the team motivated and ensure KPI’s are being met or overachieved.
By delivering a top-quality service to clients, you will contribute in sustaining and growing business to achieve long-term success. You will manage the area and allocate resources accordingly to the business requirements.
Key Responsibilities of the Warehouse Shift Manager:
- Issue staff workloads and ensure that all duties are carried in accordance with line manager’s request.
- Manage supervisors and carry out regular performance management reviews in line with the company policy.
- Ensure operational KPI’s are met on a daily / weekly basis.
- Work with training department ensuring that staff are trained and inducted.
- Ensure that operations are compliant with health and safety policies.
- Ensure the maintenance of all equipment is up to date, all faults are reported using the correct documentation and faulty equipment is VOR’d.
- Review resource levels and adjust in line with the daily requirements.
- Maintain appropriate supplies of warehouse sundries.
- Ensure that the security of the site is monitored and complied with, as set out in company security policy.
- Ensure that staff’s performance and development issues are handled appropriately.
- Review process and procedures ensuring that they are appropriate for the work being carried out, and suggest changes where improvements can be made.
Skills required for the Warehouse Shift Manager:
- Proven track record of leading teams in a warehouse environment.
- Ability to use data and analyse performance.
- Proven track record or performance managing teams.
- Experience of using Warehouse systems and providing accurate data.
If you’ve got what it takes to be a successful Warehouse Shift Manager, click ‘Apply’ immediately!