Following the success of Multimodal 2023, organisers have announced next year’s event will take place from 11th – 13th June 2024 at the NEC in Birmingham.
Multimodal 2023 was the biggest yet, enjoying a sell-out exhibition, record visitor numbers and the most ever entries to its awards event. Over the three days of the show in June, 320 exhibitors showcased their products and services to a record 12,267 visitors – an increase of 25% on last year. In addition, the coveted awards ceremony received over 250 entries, beating previous numbers for this leading industry event.
Organisers were pleased to welcome exhibitor newcomers including Plan Transport, PwC, MG Invest, Calais Promotion, 3squared, ErgoPack, Miran Logistics, Ziegler Group, ICL and Payoneer, joining established supply chain industry exhibitors.
But the success of this year’s event cannot be determined by numbers alone. The assortment of expert speakers played a large part in its triumph. Among the 55 speakers were:
- Jon Gore, Head of Primary & Global Logistics, Tesco
- Sally Wright, Head of Delivery Transport Hub, Nestlé UK and Ireland
- John Lucy, Director, Liverpool Freeport
- Hizmy Hassen, Chief Digital & Supply Chain Officer, Apollo Tyres
- Christian Pryce, Chief Commercial Officer, Port of Dover
- Joep Kusters, Senior Vice President, Head of Europe, Coyote
Delegates were spoilt for choice across the four theatres to attend sessions, training and talks covering an array of topics. Some highlights include:
- Peak Season Preview 2023
- Digitalisation of International Trade and Transport
- A Rail Retail Revolution
- Roadblocks to sustainable freight – and how to overcome them
- Cargo integrity
- The UK’s new approach to import controls – understanding the Target Operating Model
The 2023 event saw the introduction of The Google Digital Garage, where visitors received free training to improve their digital skills.
With the buzz Multimodal 2023 still in the air, there’s no better time to save the dates of 11th – 13th June 2024, for what will be another popular exhibition.
Don’t miss out on any of the latest news, sign up to the Multimodal newsletter to stay informed.