**Job Opportunity: Seafreight Import Clerk**
Our client, a leading provider of International Sea and Airfreight transport and logistics services, is actively seeking a Seafreight Import Clerk to join their dynamic team in Middlesex.
As a Seafreight Import Clerk, your day-to-day activities will revolve around the efficient handling of international shipments. Key responsibilities include:
– Creating both manual and computer system-based files
– Receiving and meticulously checking relevant documentation before forwarding it to shipping lines
– Receiving pre-alerts from overseas agents
– Verifying manifests upon receipt
– Managing customs clearance processes
– Providing accurate rate quotations
**Qualifications and Skills:**
The ideal candidate for this role will possess:
– Previous experience in Imports and Seafreight operations
– ‘Hands-on’ approach with a solid operational understanding of import/export procedures
– Preferably, experience in multimodal transportation
– Excellent customer service skills with a strong commercial sense
– High accuracy and attention to detail
– Confident telephone manner
– Proficiency in administrative tasks and MS Excel
This is an exciting opportunity for an individual with a passion for logistics and a desire to contribute to the success of a globally recognized logistics provider.
If you have the skills and experience required, we invite you to apply for this rewarding Seafreight Import Clerk position. Join us in delivering excellence in international transport and logistics services.
*Apply now to be a part of our clients dynamic team and play a vital role in shaping the future of global logistics!*
Contact us today.
If this Seafreight Import Clerk is something you would like to know more about or you know of anyone that fits the bill, either forward this advert to them, send us their details or get in contact with us and we will do the rest. You can recommend as many people as you like via our website and earn a referral fee per candidate we place*. This is an unlimited offer.
As recruiters specialising in freight and shipping, Red Recruit have vacancies at all levels within the industry, so please do get in touch to tell us what you’re looking for and we’ll do our best to assist.
* T&C’s apply. Please contact the office for more information.
Please note: – We do not advertise all of our vacancies as some are highly confidential. Therefore please either submit your CV to us directly or call us in complete confidence.
We have also setup a contacts list for candidates to join to be made aware of all relevant jobs to them. If this sounds of interest, then please get in contact with us via our website and send us your CV so that we can make sure you receive relevant updates on our latest vacancies.