Senior Import Clerk – VR/21915
The Company & Role:
Our client, an independent freight forwarder, is looking for an experienced Senior Import Clerk to head up their sea freight Customs team in Liverpool.
Main duties of the Senior Import Clerk:
- Liaising with overseas agents / customers / hauliers
- Receiving pre-alerts from overseas agents
- Creating files both manually and on the computer system
- Advising customers of arrival of cargo into the UK
- Processing customs clearance and training junior members of the team in Customs operations
- Planning and arranging deliveries
- Planning and consolidating shipments
- Supervising a small team, coaching junior members and overseeing any problems that may arise
Requirements for the Senior Import Clerk role:
- Start to finish sea freight import experience
- Able to work and meet deadlines
- Computer literate
- A proactive attitude
- Customs compliance experience would be a strong advantage
- Excellent communication and customer service skills
- Supervisory / Team Leader experience
In return, the successful Senior Import Clerk will receive a salary according to skills and experience.
If you’re interested; click ‘Apply Now’, or email our Shipping team on email@example.com
Red Recruit is a specialist recruitment consultancy with prominence in the Shipping and Freight industry, covering various areas within the industry as well as other associated sectors. We provide an expert consultative, project managed approach, which recognises the unique skills and talents of every candidate. Founded in 2002 and boasting increasing success, Red Recruits mission is to serve likeminded Clients and Candidates and be a collaborator in their growth and progression. We accomplish this utilizing our skilled approaches and methodologies and we offer tailored solutions to suit specific needs. Clients of Red Recruit are able to access a wealth of knowledge and experience via our recruitment consultants; many of whom possess extensive experience.
If you have current or recent experience within the shipping or freight industry, then please contact us to see if we can assist you finding your next career move.