Fine Art Warehouse Manager – Middlesex – NEG- VR/21896
Our client, a specialist shipper of fine art, antiques and other unique items, are seeking an experienced Fine Art Warehouse Manager to join their team.
- Management responsibilities for the Warehouse Team to include coordinating and enforcing program and operational policies & procedures; taking lead on recruitment & training; mentoring & developing the team; scheduling; authorising timesheets and dealing with various ER issues such as performance management, disciplinaries and grievances where required
- Visible, hands-on day to day control of warehouse and site operations to include assisting with loading & unloading vehicles, carrying out audits, heavy lifting, packing etc.
- Safeguard warehouse operations and content by enforcing and monitoring security procedures.
- Control inventory levels by conducting regular physical audits and reconciling with our inventory management software
- Maintain maximum storage utilisation by regular reviewing of storage layouts and ensuring storage best practice is observed
- Ensure physical condition of warehouse is maintained to a high standard by inspecting equipment, issuing work orders for repair and requisitions for replacement
- Achieve financial objectives by preparing an annual budget; scheduling expenditures; analysing variances and initiating corrective actions
- Manage resource according to planned workloads and schedules
- Maintain professional and technical knowledge by attending educational internal workshops and establishing personal networks
- Liaise with customers/clients and provide excellent customer service
- Other adhoc duties as required
Skills and Experience:
- Demonstrable 5 year employment or education history with a proven record of warehouse management or supervisory experience
- Excellent communication skills with a focus on customer service
- Driving license
- Willingness to work across sites
- The ability to develop budgets that reflect a good grasp of their warehouse operations
- Have a sound understanding of handling procedures and standards for works of art
- Have experience in safety & security management
- Be able to further develop internal standards and the ability to maintain them through good management practices
- Excellent reporting skills and the ability to analyse information
The client is looking for someone who is looking for a long term career move.
If you wish to apply, or for more information, please email your CV to the Removals team of Red Recruit at firstname.lastname@example.org quoting reference VR/21896