Accounts Senior – Wanstead – VR/22223
My client, a well established and respected firm of Accountants based in Wanstead are expanding their busy team and are currently seeking a Accounts Senior to join them.
Candidates must be a qualified ACA/ACCA looking to further develop their skills and qualification in an ambitious practice. The role will be working closely with one of the Client Directors assisting with large OMB portfolio and assisting our busy professional team delivering our full range of services to our diverse client base.
Accounts Senior duties include:
- Complete sets of accounts, working from source documents/records to final accounts for review by the appropriate manager/senior
- Prepare and work on a wide range of accounts – Limited Company, Sole Trader, Partnership, Group etc.
- Dealing with a varied client portfolio (T/O up to 5million) including OMBs, advertising, retail, construction, contractors etc.
- Input data onto Iris
- Calculate accruals and prepayments and supporting schedules
- Prepare and check fixed asset registers
- Xero user who can assist the team with queries together with clients as and when required
- Preparation of corporation tax returns and self-assessment returns.
- Developing relationships with clients with a view to becoming their primary point of contact for any initial accounts, tax or VAT queries
- Attend client meetings
- Liaising with HMRC on behalf of clients
- Effectively manage time to ensure work is completed within agreed time and budget
- Team management, identifying any training needs and providing guidance to junior team members ensuring cohesion amongst the close knit team
- Dealing with general incoming client queries and escalating when required
- Work with a variety of systems including – FreeAgent, Xero, IRIS, SAGE and Quickbooks
- Opportunity to be involved in ad-hoc client projects
Skills and Experience required from Accounts Senior:
ACA or ACCA qualified with 3/4 years experience in a practice environment
Strong literacy and numeracy skills
Experience to include mentoring junior team members
Up to date statutory accounts knowledge and sound accounting, corporate/personal tax and VAT technical knowledge is required
Must possess a client focused attitude and have proven experience of building and maintaining relationships with clients
Experience of working with a variety of clients.
Acute sense of fine detail and the ability to analyse and solve more complex accounting queries.
Excellent IT skills, including Microsoft Word and Excel, IRIS, Xero, SAGE, FreeAgent and Quickbooks
Ability to work to and manage tight deadlines, and be flexible in approach
Excellent Communication – oral and written, ability to deal with variety of people in different environments
Problem solving skills
Ability to work well under pressure
Adaptable to change
Organised – ability to deal with a variety of tasks and managing a varied workload
Team building skills
Be positive and committed in dealings with both clients and team members
Working hours are 9am to 5:30pm, Monday to Friday.
In return, the successful Accounts Senior will receive a competitive salary package including pension, parking and various employment benefits.
If you’re interested; click ‘Apply Now’, or email; firstname.lastname@example.org
Red Recruit is a specialist recruitment consultancy. We provide an expert consultative, project managed approach, which recognises the unique skills and talents of every candidate. Founded in