Our Client who provides transport services and solutions globally are looking for an experienced Ocean Import Coordinator to join their team in Dartford, to handle all aspects of imports end to end. On a day-to-day basis you’ll be managing order processing, plausibility analysis, planning and booking transportation orders, coordinating the shipment including the customs processing / documentation and invoicing. This Ocean Import Coordinator vacancy is offered on a full-time permanent basis with a salary up to £30k.
We’re keen to speak to enthusiastic people who have at least 2 years experience working as an Import Coordinator / Import Operator / Import Clerk, etc. or people who have detailed experience of logistics and forwarding operations / regulations and documentation. It goes without saying, you’ll have excellent customer service skills and be a proficient communicator.
Experienced Ocean Imports Coordinators are currently in very high demand. If youve got what it takes, please Apply Now immediately. Jobs are being filled very quickly at the moment!
Duties of the Ocean Imports Coordinator:
- Order processing management
- Customer order plausibility analysis
- Planning / Booking / Transportation orders
- Coordination / follow up of shipments
- Customs processing (import)
- Documentation / administration / invoicing / filing
- Feedback to the customer (internal / external reporting of shipments) by mail, phone, EDI
- Operational troubleshooting
- Non-conformance reporting
- Cooperation with approved subcontractors in accordance with agreed rates
- End to end processing
Experience required for the Ocean Imports Coordinator role:
- +2 years experience of logistics and forwarding operations / regulations and documentation
- Sea Freight import experience is necessary
- Extended (import) customs procedure knowledge is necessary
- Knowledge of IMCO regulations is an advantage
- Computer literacy with Microsoft Software applications and /or other market leading software applications
- Initiative and strong sense for organization in order to meet customer requirements
- Stress resistant team player, but also able to work independently
Red Recruit also has other freight-forwarding vacancies, so please do get in touch to tell us what youre looking for and well do our best to assist.