Experienced Sea Freight Import Clerk required for an International moving company in London. On a day-to-day basis you’ll be liaising with overseas agents / customers / hauliers, handling all aspects of imports from start to finish and everything in between!
We’d love to speak to enthusiastic people who have experience working as an Import Clerk from an International moving or freight background. The successful Sea Freight Import Clerk will receive a salary of £20-£26k depending on experience.
As a Sea Freight Import Clerk, you will have a good operational know-how of import procedures, excellent customer service skills and commercial sense. You’ll be a proficient communicator; in person, on the phone and in writing. Customs experience is also an advantage.
Duties of the Sea Freight Import Clerk include:
- Liaising with overseas agents / customers / hauliers
- Receiving pre-alerts from overseas agents
- Creating files both manually and on the computer system
- Advising customers of arrival of cargo into the UK
- Planning loads and sending load lists to agents
- Checking manifests once received
- Receiving and checking relevant import documentation and passing on to shipping lines
- Planning and arranging deliveries
If you’ve got what it takes to be a successful Sea Freight Import Clerk, please ‘Apply Now’ immediately. Jobs are being filled very quickly at the moment!