Senior Customs Specialist – VR/21570
Our client, a manufacturing company with international locations, is looking for a Senior Customs Specialist to join their team in Cambridgeshire.
They are seeking a motivated and detail oriented Senior Customs Specialist to perform an administrative role responsible for the maintenance and deployment of the company’s Customs Compliance policy. This role will include customs data entry and audits, as well as support of consistent use of procedures across teams involved in customs activities. This role will be responsible for maintenance of their AEO status.
Main duties of the Senior Customs Specialist:
- Assign and verify necessary information required for timely customs clearance and accurate declarations, such as export control classifications and commodity codes
- Maintain the customs NCR register by logging non-conformances and corrective actions
- Issue import and export clearance guidance to couriers and respond to preferential origin requests
- Ensure all customs paperwork for each customs related order is stored and readily accessible
- Stay current on global import and export regulations, policies and other applicable governmental initiatives, including, but not limited to, Brexit in order to drive continuous improvement and best customs practices
Essential Requirements and Qualifications for the Senior Customs Specialist role:
- 3+ years of relevant professional experience in trade compliance, preferably in a manufacturing company
- Detailed operational knowledge of UK statutory regulations relating to import/export compliance matters, including Export Licensing for Military List and Dual-Use Goods (particularly SIELS and OGELs) and UK/EU Customs regulations
- Working knowledge of WTO tariff valuation rules and experience with assigning and maintaining tariff codes
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate and interact at all levels and support decision making on trade compliance
Salary circa £40k plus company benefits.
If you’re interested in the Senior Customs Specialist role, click apply now, or email our Shipping team on firstname.lastname@example.org
Red Recruit is a specialist recruitment consultancy with prominence in the Shipping and Freight industry, covering road, sea and air freight imports and exports as well as other associated sectors. We provide an expert consultative, ‘project managed’ approach, which recognises the unique skills and talents of every candidate. Founded in 2002 and boasting increasing success, Red Recruit’s mission is to serve likeminded Clients and Candidates and be a collaborator in their growth and progression. We accomplish this utilizing our skilled approaches and methodologies and we offer tailored solutions to suit specific needs. Clients of Red Recruit are able to access a wealth of knowledge and experience via our recruitment consultants; many of whom possess extensive experience.
The types of vacancies within the shipping industry that we specialise in include the following: sea freight, road freight, air freight, deep sea, TIR freight, trailer freight, freight forwarder, FCL, LCL, part load, full load, groupage, customs clearance, customs entries, CNS, Destin8, Impatex, CHIEF, NES, ASM GEMS, MultiFreight, DataFreight, NVO and NVOCC.
If you have current or recent experience within the shipping or freight forwarding industry then please contact us to see if we can assist you finding your next career move.